Lectures and practical flight training
3 years full-time study
BAv - Air Transport Pilot
Commercial Pilot Licence
Multi-engine Instrument Rating
ATPL theory subjects
New Zealand Qualifications Authority
Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand
Refer Massey University
Massey University - School of Aviation
Massey’s BAv degree offers a modern approach to flight training in NZ.
- Only professional aviation degree in NZ.
- Integrates NZCAA Professional Pilot licensing requirements into University papers.
- Equivalence Approval from the New Zealand CAA; unique agreement between Massey University and the NZ CAA.
- ISO 9001-2008 certification.
- State-of-the-art Diamond fleet; DA 40 single-engine and DA 42 twin-engine aircraft, fitted with Garmin 1000 cockpit displays.
- Electronic Flight Bags using Apple I-Pads.
- Performance Based Navigation.(PBN); first and only NZ flight-training organisation approved by CAA to carry out PBN operations on full Diamond fleet.
- Real World Problem Solving. Scenario – based flight training methodology designed to produce professional aviators.
- Graduate Instructor Scheme.